AQUA MIX SULFAMIC ACID CRYSTALS is granular sulfamic acid to be dissolved in water. Removes cured grout and mortar haze, rust and mineral deposits efflorescence.
Use on acid resistant natural stone (such as granite and slate), ceramic, porcelain and quarry.
Approximately 300 to 500 sq. ft. (28 m2 to 46 m2) per gallon (3.785 L) depending on dilution.
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Do not mix with ammoniated cleaners, such as bleach, as harmful fumes will result.
- Not recommended for highly porous tile.
Acids of all kinds may etch, lighten or change the colour of cementitious material, metallic glazes and some natural stones such as marble and other acid sensitive stone.
- Read entire label before using.
- Allow newly grouted installation to cure a minimum of 10 days.
- Sweep, vacuum, or wipe surface.
Mix Sulfamic Acid Crystals as follows:
LIGHT TO NORMAL CLEANING : Mix 1/2 cup (150 g) of Crystals to 1 gallon of water. Mix Crystals until dissolved.
HEAVY - DUTY CLEANING : Mix 3/4 cup (225 g) of crystals to 1 gallon of water. Mix Crystals until dissolved.
- Pre-wet surface with water.
- Apply solution with mop or sponge.
- Allow to dwell 1 to 2 minutes.
- Agitate with white nylon scrub pad or scrub brush. Do not allow solution to dry on surface.
Rinse thoroughly with clean water, agitating with white nylon scrub pad or brush to ensure removal of acid. Rinse again in the same manner to be sure acid is removed.
HANDLING AND STORAGE :
- Close container tightly after each use.
- Store in original container only.
- Store in temperature between 40 °F and 90 °F (4 °C and 32 °C).
- Unused, stored product is freeze-thaw stable.